3.1 - Climate Policy and Solutions
Climate change is a public issue that concerns us all. Policy makers and organizations concerned with public affairs often work to educate the public and create awareness of climate change solutions as a way to build consensus. Create a public service announcement to promote a particular climate change policy or solution and advocate for change in public policy or opinion.
Watch the Story of Cap and Trade video, and work either individually or with your classmates to research one of the climate change policy instruments outlined in the Climate Policies and Solutions handout:
- Carbon capture and storage
- Carbon tax
- Cap and trade
- Green energy
- Rebates and tax incentives
- Can you summarize it in ten seconds or 1-2 sentences?
- How does it address climate change?
- What are the benefits of adopting it? Who benefits?
- What are the costs? Who would be negatively impacted?
- What are the challenges to implementing it?
- Have any countries adopted it? If so, which ones?
- To increase awareness of various climate change policies and solutions.
Continue to 3.2 - Climate Change Debate »